Through Acteens girls 6th-12th grade have the opportunity to learn about missions in such a way that they are challenged to live their lives openly for Christ in a very real and radical way. Girls have the opportunity to experience the world through mission studies, cultural experiences, and hands-on missions involvement. Acteens learn that God can use them every day in countless ways to change their world.
Bethel Acteens meet on Wednesday's, from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM and follow the Norman Public Schools calendar. Each yearly session begins the Wednesday after the first day of school and ends towards the end of April or beginning of May.
Acteens at Bethel missions have included:
- visit homebound and deliver crafts 4-5 times a year
- Annie Armstrong missions emphasis during Easter
- Lottie Moon missions emphasis during Christmas where Acteens make 250 or more Christmas favors and distribute to all the Bethel adult Sunday School classes
- produce a video over the World Hunger Offering and collect funds for this ministry
- make Valentine's baskets for the Bridges organization which lifts up high school students who are without family support
- visit Mission Norman and collect items which are needed
- make a custom Bethel Acteens calendar which is handed out to Bethel members
Questions? More Information?
If you are interested in learning more about Acteens at Bethel Baptist Church, please contact Susan Mullins through the online contact form below. You may also contact the Church Office which is available Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM at 405-329-3749.